Friday, November 14, 2008

Gettin' my ZZ Top on

I don't know what was running through my head when I was thinking this but on the 7th of this month, I decided that I was going to grow out my beard until the day after Christmas. There's no rhyme or reason, I just felt like giving myself a challenge.

I have tried letting my beard grow out for a month many times before but I always end up shaving it on the third week.

Third week is always the worse for me since that's when my face starts becoming all itchy. Soon after the itchiness goes away, I seem to not be able to feel any sensation on the skin under the beard. I assume if I am finally able to deal with not being able to feel anything on the skin under my beard that I will finally be able to complete one of my beard challenges. I am going for a record this time (personal record anyways) and I hope I am able to stick with it.

Lot of people are telling me I should shave it off already because they think I look better without facial hair. This challenge of mine is not meant to attract any ladies which is why I choose not to care what everyone says. Personally, I enjoy having some stubble on my face regardless of what others think.

3 comments:

KittyMarie said...

Did you ever see Phil when he had his fu manchu+beard? Now that was a man. It was also disgusting and every female in his life, including me, told him to shave while all of the guys in his life cheered from the sidelines and idolized that face carpet.

I would tell you to prepare for the nagging to commence, but I never see you anymore so it really won't affect me ;-)

Diosthocles said...

I do remember hearing about Phil and his beard. I am getting all kinds of nagging from the people I see on a daily basis.

I was thinking that once I do shave the beard, that I am going to rock the walrus 'stache that Paul Sr. Rocks on Orange County Choppers. Just for one day mind you but I think it will be hilarious.

KittyMarie said...

HAHA As long as there is photo documentation ;-)